Friday, July 13, 2012

Kitschy

Been deejaying over at Kitsch bar for the past few months, and rather enjoying it. Its a strange little bar, but the patrons are nice and let us play whatever we want. 

(we fulfill many a stereotype. but are still awesome)
There are usually five of us, four girls and one dude... but due to summer craziness we have been getting longer shifts. I can't complain.


We all spin some pretty different things, and some of us *cough Caz cough* can get pretty intense with the hip-hop.

But here are a few of the songs I have been spinning of late, and I am quite addicted to.

Monsters of Folk - Dear God
Literally dear god. I never would have guessed that a band called Monsters of Folk would ever have created such a groovy and soulful song. Has been on repeat... well... constantly.

Nick Waterhouse - Is That Clear
Another absolute favorite right now. Nick Waterhouse is getting so much attention right now, so I am enjoying his lack of fame as long as I can. This song always gets people to dance.

Coconut Records - Nighttiming 
THIS SONG IS SO COOL AND IS FROM JASON SCHWARTZMAN. Nuff said.

Belle and Sebastian - To Be Myself Completely
Does it ever get better than Belle and Sebastian? This is my favorite song by them. Well, right now. It has a tendency to change.

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
I was in an 80s-90s mood. And a Breakfast Club mood. And an awesome mood.

Gotye - Smoke and Mirrors
It would not be a lie to say I found this song in the tv show Suits. This song is so good, I am honestly surprised it hasn't gotten any real attention after Somebody that I Used to Know came out. I LIKE THIS MORE

So this is a typical Kitsch night. Come by next week! We will be spinning next friday, and it will be wonderful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment